Then I had to set that aside to work on the card base and the inside. I drew out the card base in Silhouette and added a quarter inch extra to the long side to give me room to sandwich the two sides. I added a perforated line at the standard 4 1/4 inch to fold the extra 1/4 inch part easily. Then I duplicated it and horizontally flipped it so I would have two mirrored sides to sandwich together so it looked like this:
I cut that out of card stock and used my bone folder to fold over the small flaps so that they would be inside the card. I then cut seven large and small butterflies with three of each size flipped horizontally so they could be sandwiched together. The larger cuts worked with the large butterfly in the Teresa Collins Spring Fling stamp set. Once they were stamped, I sandwiched the mirrored stamps with a clear acetate strip between them so they would "float" and set them aside to dry. I skipped the stamping on the smaller butterflies and made just two sandwiches of those with the acetate. I did a little more coloring on the larger butterflies. Then, using really sticky tape, I taped the acetate holding the butterfly sandwiches to the flap of one card and then stuck the two halves of the card together. I punched two pink border strips from the same pink paper and glued those to either side of the flaps to hide them. I used the extra butterflies on the card base. The card is super cute, but a lot of work!