Thursday, July 18, 2013

Get Well Soon Card Featuring Blue Skies by Lawn Fawn

The second card I made for the hubster was a get well soon card for the employee involved in the accident last weekend.  (Sadly enough, the corner where the accident occurred is a pretty bad one.  A long time ago when I used to work down in that area, there was a colleague in my industry that was killed in an accident at that same corner).  I flipped through my card board on Pinterest and found a card using the Blue Skies stamp set by Lawn Fawn.  Lawn Fawn has quickly become my favorite brand of stamps because they are so stinking cute!  The card that inspired me was made by fifi100479 and featured on the Friday Flickr post on the Lawn Fawn blog.  It was so cute the way it was, I didn't make any changes at all.  I stamped the large balloon and cut it out, then colored it with my Spectrum Noir pens.  I had previously cut and stamped the banner.  I had stored it in the bag with the stamps when I didn't use in my previous playing with paper.  I cut a couple of the balloons and found some red glittery paper (I think from DCWV) in my stash to make the banner.  For the paper in the background, I found this perfect balloon paper in the A Perfect Summer 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park Paper.  Then all that was left was stamp my sentiment from that same set in some Versafine ink and round the corners using my new Fiskars corner rounder. 

No comments: