Friday, July 19, 2013

Project Life 27

I'm not behind on my Project Life, I'm just behind on posting about it.  Last week was long and I was mentally tired pretty much every night and not in the mood to post even though everything was ready.  It's not that we were doing much of anything, it's just that work is really busy and stressful right now. I worked several extra long days and even had to move a vacation day to another week because I just couldn't fit the planned one into last week.  If that wasn't enough, one co-worker and friend is going through a rough divorce after 35+ years of marriage and another colleague and friend was in his final days.  We all have known for a while that it was just a matter of time, but it's hard to watch someone you like and respect wasting away in front of you.  It was harder to realize that the last time I talked to him was just some quick colleague kind of one-manager-to-another conversation about a shared support staff.  Looking back, I so wish I had taken the time say something more at the time, but, I had no idea we were so close to the end.  Fortunately, a few weeks back I took a moment to e-mail him to let him know how much I liked, respected and looked up to him.  But that didn't make starting out the week with the announcement at the manager's meeting that he was in "a deep sleep" and it was only a matter of days any easier.  It pretty much just sent me into a funk.

But now I'm back in my crafting room and working to get posts up.  So here's week 27 using a mixture of Basic Grey's Hey Boy, Hey Girl, and Hey You lines.  I'm nearing the end of these materials and have been thinking about what I want to do when it's time for some new supplies.  I've been thinking about subscribing to a kit club such as the one from Studio Calico or Citrus Twist, but I'm just not sure yet what I'm going to do.  I had a bit of a bad experience with a kit club a few years back and just not sure about giving it a try again, but I like the idea of having a bit of change to mix things up.



No comments: