Friday, July 19, 2013

Farewell Sweet Mythbusters Kittens

Tonight was the last night of the Mythbusters Kittens on Foster Dad John's Livestream feed. Tomorrow they are all (hopefully including Mom Kari) off to their new furr-ever homes. While I was watching, I was inspired to do a little playing with my new Lawn Fawn set, Critters in the Burbs.  So I fussy cut four of the cat stamps and colored each of them with Spectrum Noir markers to resemble one of the kittens (too bad I didn't have a bigger cat for Kari).  For the card base, I stamped the tree and tire swing, fussy cut a mask for each piece and then free hand cut masks for the skyline.  After masking off the areas I didn't want color, I sponged the sky with Distress Ink and then covered the sky to sponge the grass.  I colored the tree and tire with the Spectrum Noir markers and then added the sweet little kittens.  For the sentiment, I used the one that came with that set, but added the banner background from the Home Sweet Home set, also from Lawn Fawn.  I knew I wanted some hearts, but I didn't have a punch that small, so I found a cut file in my Silhouette library.  I cut bunches of the little hearts that I attached with Glossy Accents for just that right finishing touch.

I simply can't believe how cute the card turned out and it was the perfect way to spend the last night watching these cute little rascals.  I wish them all the best in their new homes.  As a foster failure (tried to foster just once but could not let the kittens go, except one to my sister), I'm constantly in awe of his ability to love each litter with all his heart then let them go off to their furr-ever homes.  He gives them such a great start in life and for that, he truly is the cat's meow.
 

No comments: