Thursday, April 26, 2007

Argh!

Mommy's pretty upset tonight. They bought a new computer last week so she decided they should get their own DSL line. She's tired of dial-up. Dial-up! Can you believe it? They are so out of touch! Anyhow, she called the phone people to get it added. She was mad when it took 25 minutes just to schedule the appointment. The the lady told her that she had to be at home to answer the phone so mommy had to schedule it on her Friday off. Then she got the confirmation and they had her work telephone number from five years ago even though she gave them the right number. They also told her that she had to wait around from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for the Qwest guy to show up! She e-mailed them to tell them they had the wrong phone number and that she didn't think that they were very customer service oriented. They didn't respond. Today she got home and the Qwest people had been here (not on the day she was told they would be) and hooked them up, but she still doesn't have the modem that they were supposed to send her. She's pretty ticked at them. Oh well, at least they'll have better access to the Internet so I can update my blog when it all gets straightened out.

On the good side, Mommy got to drive Uncle Jason home from work today. She calls it a privilege. She gets to talk to him all by herself. Today she got to help him surprise Aunt Janette with flowers and a card. Mommy thought it was really romantic. Obviously, Uncle Jason and Daddy have a lot in common.

Mommy and Daddy both got special things from their bosses this week. Daddy got a movie gift certificate so he can take Mommy on a date. His boss gave it to him because they had the best week they've ever had. Daddy rocks! Mommy got a STAR award from her office. They are really proud because she's been working really hard with a lot of people from other agencies, both state and federal, on some complex cases. Mommy cried because her boss' boss wrote a really nice memo about her, but they were happy tears. However, the thing that made Mommy cry the most is when Auntie Michele gave her a gift. It's a frame that says "Life made us sisters, love made us friends."
You should see the kittens. They are crazy. The only time they aren't into something is when they are sleeping. Smoke was eating the Whirly-Bird and Mommy had to take it away from him.
Daddy's playing with the laser light (I don't like it) with Chewbacca. Mommy's going to have to get new batteries for it. They all stayed up late last night watching Shear Genius with Mommy and chewing on her toes. Maybe I should show them what a good job I could do and give the kitties each a new 'do. Hmmm...

23 comments:

Skeezix the Cat said...

I LOVE my WhirlyBird!!!! Aren't they the BEST!!?????

Tara said...

Hi Zoey! Daisy Mae sent me over. Welcome to the cat blogosphere. Glad you didn't go to the bridge because of the cat food, and I agree, I really miss food with wheat...sigh...

Tara

Zoey and the furballs said...

The WhirlyBird is the best! Mommy ordered one for our cousin Gus and his new brother Jack. Gus is going to love, love, love it! He loves anything with the feathers and this is even better than just feathers!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer zoey,
welcome to da blogosphere. i'm reedin all abowt u an yer mom, dad, an udder catz.
pleez vizit me an mi blog.
luv--yer noo frend--jh

Unknown said...

Hi Zoey! We saw you on DMM site, and thought that we would come over to say helloooo! Stop by to see us sometime!

Unknown said...

Your kittens look like Jesse!
THe whirlybird is the best!

Be careful with the Qwest peeple, our mom says. You have to stay on them and on them to get them to do anything write (and watch your bill whatever that means!)

We are glad to meet you! Welcome to the cat blogosphere!

Come visit!

Dazey
Jesse
Conner Cloud

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Zoey!! Daisy Mae sented us ofurr! It's nitce to meet you - we likes meeting new furriends. Come and bisit us when you can

LZ said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you Zoey. I can't wait to read more about you. I'm glad you have a Whirly-Bird...they are the best!

Kaze

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

HI! I'm Oscar the Puppy Cat. It's nice to meet you. You sure have a lot going on. How exciting, new kitties, somewhat new Daddy, Aunts, Uncles! How do you keep up with it all?

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

HI Zoey!! Daisy Mae said you had started a new blog so I wanted to come by and play you a bisit. Welcome to the blogosphere. IT's a great place to have lots of fun with lots of kitties and their beans.

Come by and bisit us when you can. I'm Abby, the alpha cat in my house of 5.

Abby

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Hi Zoey. :) Daisy Mae told me about your blog, so I've come for a visit. :) I don't have a WhirlyBird yet, but I hope to have one soon!

Monica said...

Hello there, Zoey. It's good to read about your family and those little kittens. I'm sorry about your internet problems, but I hope they get worked out soon.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi! Your cousin Daisy Mae told me you were blogging. Fantastic! It sounds like you have had a lot going on lately. I'm so glad you're OK from the food and hope Gus is too. What a scary, awful thing to happen to pets and their beans.
Your mommy and daddy sound like very nice beans. It is so good of them to foster. You're going to be a big sister! What is great, is there are 3 of you and only 2 beans to watch you....I'm thinking big fun.
Stop by and visit sometime and I'll make sure mommy adds you to my linky things. It was great meeting you!

Daisy said...

Hi Zoey! I am glad to meet you. I heard about you from DaisyMae Maus. I am sorry you gotted sick from the bad bad bad foods, but I am glad you are better. I added you to my links so I can come back and visit you!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hi Zoey.
We are glad to meet you.

We've been snarfing Fancy Feast... I mean really gobbling it :-) yum

Shaggy and Scout said...

Stopped by to say HI when we heard about your new blog!

The Tower Hill Mob said...

Hi Zoey! What a pretty name for a lovely tuxie lady!
We don't blog too much but we like to visit our kitty friends- looks like you all are the latest addition!
kate and toby

Victor Tabbycat said...

Hi, Zoey! Daisy Mae Maus sent me. Wow, KITTENS! WhirlyBird toys are grate fur kittens. I'm Victor an I liv wif 3 beans an my older sisfur, Bonnie, who nefur wanted a brofur. She's an attack tabby an calls me the stoopid cowcat, but I don't mind cuz I dopted Mom an that's all that matters. Purrs!

Anonymous said...

oooh - a whirlybird! the Lady said we might be able to have one of those for our birthday, but we all turn 2 in one week and we think she forgot to order it ::sigh::

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Zoey! Look at all your comments and all of your brand new friends! Skeezix even featured you on his "New Friends Friday" post, so now you're FAMOUS!

Tell your mom and dad "concatulations" on their awards from us (and from our Mom and your aunt/uncle) ... We're furry proud of them.

Oh, and we're glad that you liked the "kitten shower" present of a Whirly Bird that we sent ... They are, as many have said, "the best" ...

Happy weekend! Be sure to make the rounds in the blogosphere and say "hi" to efurryone!
DMM

Around Your Wrist said...

hi zoey,
can you believe ben2 is afraid of the whirly bird? mama has to leave the fev-vers on the floor for him to play with before he'll play with the whole toy with her. and he still doesn't really want to do that! silly ben!

--suz

Millie said...

Hi Zoey! Nice to meet you. Welcome to the blogosphere!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Hi, Zoey and kittens! DaisyMae and Skeezix sent us your way. Welcome to our catblogosphere group.

~J&B