Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Welcome!


After enjoying reading everyone else's blogs, I decided that we need to start our own so we can join in the fun. Mommy didn't know how but I told her I would figure it out. I'm Zoey. I'm a thirteen year-old black tuxedo kitty. I'm really cute. I've been with my mommy since I was about eight weeks old. She adopted me from a nice woman who rescued my birth mommy when her parents abandoned her when she was pregnant with me and biological brothers.

I had an older brother McKenzie that mommy adopted from the shelter. He hissed at me alot and wouldn't share the bed with me unless mommy was gone on vacation. He got really jealous too when mommy would pay attention to me and not him. McKenzie got sick a few months ago and the vet couldn't help him. He went to the bridge. Mommy misses him a lot and still cries when she remembers him. I miss him too, even though he wasn't always nice to me.

Mommy thought I was going to go the bridge too because I got real sick from the stupid cat food. Mommy had to give me pills that I didn't like and an IV on a regular basis. The IV was okay because mommy would comb me and pet me while I was getting my fluids. Daddy gave them to me too. I used to gobble up anything mommy would put down and help myself to things she didn't, but now I'm really picky about what I'll eat. Boy am I tired of this no wheat diet! When are they going to make safe wheat foods again? Mommy keeps feeding me fish and I don't like it (except the real kind).


Mommy got mad a few weeks ago because the newspaper interviewed her about me getting sick (I'm a star!). The reporter told everybody I went to the bridge. Silly reporter! The vet called all worried when the article came out and mommy had to tell her I was okay. The vet reported my case to the authorities and mommy reported it to the food company. She says that she wants them to make better laws to protect us.


Well back to the family, mommy finally married daddy about two years ago. He says that he was drugged. He's joking, sort of. He was really sick so they decided to get married faster than they had planned. He was still on antibiotics and had only just gotten out of the hospital a few days before they got married, so I guess he really was "drug" to the altar, well as much of an altar as there is on the ice rink at the hockey game. He he! They laugh about it alot and are very thankful that daddy's okay. Despite the rush and the non-traditional wedding, I know that daddy's happy he married mommy and mommy's happy she married daddy. Personally, I thought she was never going to get married; my grandma and grandpa did too! I like Daddy alot. He treats me really nice and he treats mommy really good too.

Mommy thought I was lonely so she brought home four "foster" kitties a couple of weeks ago to care for them for a local rescue charity. Thank goodness they aren't all staying. I think they're a bunch of pests, but mommy and daddy seem to like them a lot even though they are into everything. Mommy and daddy have to tell them "no" a ton of times a day when they get into things that they shouldn't. They are little gray balls of energy. Mommy says that they look like me except they are gray. I don't see it. They keep coming up to me and getting in my face and playing with my tail. I get fed up and tell them to go away. So far they listen. I've taught them to hiss at one another. It's actually kind of funny.

(from left to right: Chewbacca, Jack, Jean Gray and Smoke)


Chewbacca is the biggest of them, mostly because she has a lot of fur. They called her Heely when they brought her home because she has little gray patches on her heels. Daddy named her Chewbacca because of all her fur. Mommy says it's because she chews everything she can get to.
Then there's Jack. He went to his forever home today. He's lucky because auntie Michele adopted him. She'll spoil him completely. He's getting a new brother, Gus, so now they are Gus and Jack like on Cinderella (auntie Michele's favorite movie). Jack was the worst of the four. He was so hyper and used to jump all over all the other kitties. He played really rough and they would cry. He'll be a good match for Gus, who's really mean too. But, auntie Michele says he's a lover. I don't know what she's thinking. He's a fighter, not a lover. Auntie Michele is really worried about Gus. He's doesn't like his food anymore and has gotten really picky. She's worried that he's getting sick so we are all praying that he's okay.

As for the kittens, next there's Jean Gray. They had been calling her "gray" when she first came home because she had a gray chin and Jack had a white chin. After calling her Gray for a while, daddy started calling her Jean Gray after the X-men character and it stuck. She's cuddly. She likes to be near mommy and daddy and cries if she gets left behind when the others leave the room. She needs someone who needs a good companion.

Finally there's Smoke, named after mommy's favorite race car driver Tony "Smoke" Stewart. I think she calls him Smoke because he gets around so fast like last night when he darted under her feet when she was trying to feed him.

Mommy says that Chewie and Smoke are staying here as my new brother and sister. I guess I'm okay with that as long as they give me my distance. I'm even willing to let them be around me now. Mommy says that Jean Gray's going to be going to a new forever home as soon as they find a good one. I wouldn't tell her this, but she really deserves one. She's a good kitty.

16 comments:

ViA said...

Very nice. I'll try to keep up.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hey Zoey!
Welcome to the cat blogosphere. I'll "feature" you on my bloggie with a link so that efurrycat and stop by and say "hello" ... Make sure that you "get around" some so that others can meet you!
Your cousins in sunny San Diego,
DaisyMae Maus and the Feline Americans

Around Your Wrist said...

welcome! it's so good to have you here!

(suzanne's mama: now we have both sides of the family: i'm dmm's grandma's sister. it's easy to see that you and jessica are related. i bet when you're together, you're mistaken for sisters.)

stop by my blog (suz again)--under the bed. i also have a blog for older kitties called sweet sixteens.

love
--suz

caspersmom said...

Hi Zoey, welcome to the blogging world. Mom enjoyed your story. She says your Mom is brave being foster parents to the kittens, she said that she couldn't do anything like that cause she would end up keeping them all and Dad would get real mad. He says us four are to many. I lay on the race car 88 rug but my Mom's favorite driver doesn't drive it anymore.

Casper

Zoey and the furballs said...

Thanks for the welcome. We'll be visiting with you lots.

Just Ducky said...

Hi I'm Derby. DMM told us to come over and say HI. Welcome to the Cat Blogoshpere. Stop by my blog sometime.

Tiger Lily said...

Hi and welcome! It sure sounds as if you have your hands full with that group.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Welcome, welcome welcome........

Those kittens are way too cute, Momma even said so!

Patches

Parker said...

Hi Zoey!
I'm glad you joined us, I read your stories and I'm sure glad you are OK after the horrible food you ate. DMM sent me over.
Come and visit me!
Purrs to you and your folks and your new sibling kittens!

Forty Paws said...

Hi! Welcome to the cat blogosphere! DMM sent us over to say hi so here we are! We're sure glad you survived the pet food poisoning!

Luf, Us

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Welcome Zoe! You are a trooper - we're so happy you are doing better from the bad food experience. We will add you to our bloggie roll if you like. Mommy thinks your foster kittens are very very cute but we can see how they would be very annoying so we're happy they won't be there to bother you forever.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Lux said...

Hello Zoey - my name's Luxor and I'm a friend of DaisyMae's.

I'm so glad you're better now - thanks for introducing everyone!

Anonymous said...

we're furry glad to meet you! you're very purrty and our Lady made lotsa squeeky noises about those little foster fluffs.

sammawow said...

Hi Zoey! We just found out about you and came right over. Your kittens are so adorable little fluffs.

Purrrrs, China Cat & Willow

MageLady said...

Hi Sweet thing. It’s good to hear that you are doing better. Ms. Gimpy and Mr. Cat were glad to hear so as well. Hope to hold you again soon.

Luv Aunt Kim

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Hi Zoey and Kittens - Welcome! We look forward to hearing more about all of you. Sending Purrs and Scritches your way...

www.silentmessenger.org/blogs/badkittycats.php is our original blog - but our mom is weird and cross posts to blogspot.

Something about comments. Humans are strange.

Purrs and Peace
8 Bad Kitty Cats and The Bad Kittens 5