Thursday, November 6, 2014

It's Your Birthday with Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge

Wow, it's been a while since I posted but I've headed into the busiest time of the year at work and I'm just dog tired by the time I get home every night and weekends are busy now too.  I'm sure you all know how that goes.  But I wanted to pop on here to share the card I made for the Inky Paws Challenge over at Newton's Nook.  I love their challenges almost as much as I love their stamps.  This one was all about sparkle and you know how I love that.  You can find the challenge here.

For this only slightly more than one layer card, I used a technique from a class I took a month ago to do some partial die cutting.  I stamped the oh so cute kitty in a box from Newton's Birthday Bash and colored him with my copics.  Then I very carefully cut around the kitty and slid my Simon Says Stamp Brilliant Gifts die behind it.  I cut out the present die from the card, then again from black card stock and some DCWV glitter cardstock.  Then it was just a matter of rebuilding the presents behind the kitty.  I added some Wink of Stella to the kitty's box and covered it with Glossy Accents.

5 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Super cute! Love this sparkly die cut presents! Super fun - and I love the shiny box too! Thanks for playing along again with our Inky Paws Challenge - I'm glad you were able to find some time to create and that you love our challenges! So fun to hear that!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Oooh, love all those sparkly presents! Great pairing with little Newton 'playing with the box instead' (priceless)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is really pretty and the presents seem to have a wonderful dimension. I need to buy me some wink of Stella. Everyone seems to use it but me.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Thank you for dropping by. It has been quite a while since I had been posting as well. Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Nice to see you. It's been a while for both of us. I'm headed out again this Thursday to visit my very ill brother.

World of Animals, Inc said...

You did such an amazing job with this card. The doing the gifts behind the cat must have been a little tricky. Thanks for sharing your artistic touch with us. Have a great day.
World of Animals