Saturday, April 28, 2007

Thank you!

So much news I don't know where to start! First, thank you everyone for your lovely welcome to us. We're so excited (Mommy squealed) to see all the new friends we can meet (she thinks I need friends). We'll be making the rounds to read up on all of you and add you to our links as soon as we can (I have to confess that I'm still trying to figure out the link things. I thought I had put some on but they weren't there so I had to do them again on Thursday.)

We finally got DSL hooked up. Daddy had to do it because Mommy was very, very angry with the Qwest people because their instructions said there should be another piece and it wasn't in the kit. Daddy had to talk to the nice guy at Qwest to set it up because Mommy was fed up. Daddy, who never gets upset, followed the instructions that the guy on the phone gave him and had it hooked up in no time at all. Qwest is lucky that Mommy has Daddy or she would have given them a bigger piece of her mind. (I think she needs to keep all she has!)

Mommy was especially happy today otherwise. She went to a Christian women's retreat this weekend with my Aunt Val and their friend Lisa. She called it a girls' weekend (I don't get that since they only left yesterday afternoon and were home tonight, but whatever!). Aunt Val and Mommy stayed at the Ashley Inn in Lincoln City. Mommy said that the rooms were really nice with big white down comforters and pretty granite like she wants to put in the kitchen. She had a really good time (I think the shopping at the outlet mall had something to do with it) and she's getting very excited to go to Women of Faith in October in Portland (they have a skybox! whoohee that's the big life!).

When she got home, Daddy had finished putting in over a quarter of the cottage stone wall along the back wall in the backyard. That's hard work! They had just finished the other side and are excited to get it all done, put in the new walking steps and plant grass in the new areas they've created. Mommy says the yard will look really nice when they're done, and it will take way less time to keep the yard weeded and neat so she'll have more time to spend with me (and the furballs too I guess). I know better; they'll never be done. Mommy will also want to do just one more little thing! All I care about is whether they keep the bird feeders full and in plain view from my window.
Tomorrow Mommy and Daddy are taking Jean Grey to Petsmart in Keizer Station. The adoption people are going to be there to find her a nice forever home. All the furballs went to Petsmart last week to so they adoption people could give them their second round of shots (better them than me. I've had enough needles with those silly IVs lately). Mommy says that the furballs did really well on the trip and only cried a little.

2 comments:

Around Your Wrist said...

your yard looks like it will be pretty. i hope your mommy finishes it soon so she can have more time with you!

love
--suz

caspersmom said...

Boy, I sure wish I could get DSL hook up. We live out in the boonies and we don't have anything that can bring that out here so I am absolutely stuck with dial-up and it drives me nuts. I get so tired waiting for everything. Some blog sites take forever to come up, but sometimes I get something else done while waiting. Enjoy when you get it.