Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Butterfly Birthday Card

I needed a birthday card but realized I was out so I did a little trolling of my Pinterest board for cards to find some inspiration and settled on the Hugs and Kisses card by Jane Beljo posted on the "Create" blog.  I used my Silhouette to cut three sizes of the butterfly then ran the largest and smallest through a Sizzix embossing folder.  For the background, I used some Jillibean Soup paper and a scrap of brown to punch a border with an EK Success border punch.  I found a scrap of ribbon in the drawer although I have no idea where it originally came from but it was perfect for this paper.  I added a sentiment stamped with an old Fiskars stamp I found when sorting through my stamps the other day (part of that challenge to use all one's stamps or stamps sets or purge them) and then finished it off with some rhinestones from Darice. 

No comments: