Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Inspired by a Winner

I was trolling my favorite blogs for inspiration and found it!  Paper Players was showing their winners and one of them just spoke to my creative heart.  They featured this amazing pinwheel card by Karen Day and I just knew I had to try it out myself.  Now, I could have downloaded clouds, the pinwheel and grass from the Silhouette Design Studio.  They had them, but I elected to make the pinwheel and the clouds myself.  It was fun to have to think through how to do it and I have to admit that I'm enjoying learning how to the use the program to create my own designs.  The only regret I have is that I did not make the pinwheel a little bit bigger on this card.  The blue, brown and green papers are card stock from DCWV.  The pinwheel itself was cut from a scrap from the Stella and Rose 6x6 pad from My Mind's Eye and finished off with a pearl from Imaginesce using my Irock.  The sentiment is one of my absolute favorites for birthdays.  Its from the Garden Flowers set from Inkadinkado.  The clouds were filled with Fun Flock from Stampendous!

No comments: