Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Little Word Art

A few months ago, I spent some time helping a friend move into her new home.  When we were moving things out of her storage unit, I came across these boards.  She told me that her mother had been saving them because she thought that they would be good for some type of project.  Turns out, I thought her mother was right and talked my friend into letting me take three of the boards.  I knew immediately, I wanted to try my hand at word art, which is has been so popular lately.  I found three sets of word art in the Silhouette Design Studio store that were perfect for my friend and her two children.  I sanded and painted the boards, then distress them so that layers of colored paint would show through in some places.  Then I printed my art on vinyl and complete the project.  There are definitely some things I would change and I learned a lot about the process.  But mostly, I'm just thrilled that they are happy with them and I could turn the boards that her mother saw potential in into something that will always remind them that simple objects can be spectacular. 


No comments: