Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A New Birthday Card

Now that I'm caught up again on Project Life, it's time to work on my stash of cards again.  I found a lot of inspiration via Pinterest this weekend and I'm excited to start making my own versions.  I started with this one tonight from Flowerbug Inkspot's blog.  I loved the card.  It was so fresh and pretty.  My own version isn't quite right.  If I remake it, I'm definitely making the sentiment oval smaller, but I do like the embossing in the background.  Instead of buttons, I used some brads from my stash, but it was pretty simple to make with a few cute flowers cut on the Cameo and a flourish for the stem.  The sentiment is from the Inkadinakado set Expressions and Frames and I used a flourish from the Cloud9 Design set Chocolate Chalet.  The paper is all from my scraps stash and I used the Sizzix Dots and Flowers set for the dry embossing.  Quick and easy!

No comments: