Friday, March 1, 2013

Wood Grain Fun

I've wanted a wood grain patterned embossing folder for a long time, but no one sold one in town and I never got around to buying one off the Internet.  But I was at Craft Warehouse the other day and was so happy to see that they are carrying a whole line of Darice embossing folders.  I just couldn't help but buy the wood grained pattern I had wanted for so long.  So then when I was trolling Splitcoaststampers where I stumbled across this fabulous masculine valentine using wood grain, I just had to try my own hand at it.  I embossed the card, then cut out a heart using my Cameo.  I then drew in some texture in the opening using my colored pencils and added my "carving."  I finished it off with a metal piece from my stash and some Martha Stewart baker's twine.  Pretty simple to do but I love the masculine feel of it. 
 
Turns out this was hubby's favorite card of them all.

No comments: