Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Thinking of You

Tonight's card was one I struggled with.  A co-worker asked for a day off to take a friend and her son to the doctor.  The son has cancer throughout his whole body and now just getting out to visit the doctor is difficult.  But just as I approved the time off, she e-mailed me to tell me that she didn't need the day off after all because he had taken a turn for the worse and was in the hospital.  She immediately jumped at my offer to make a card for her to give her friend. 

So this card had to be really special.  I spent a lot of time going through my idea file, my books and trolling the blogs.  I finally found my inspiration in the splitcoaststampers.com gallery.  So thank you to Beckyluvs2stamp for inspiring me tonight.  I used a sheet from the 6x6 Stella and Rose pad by My Mind's Eye (love, love, love that one - can you tell?), some We R Memory Keeper's ribbon, my Stampin' Up border punch and plain card stock to build the card.  The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin' Up using the All Year Greetings from Fiskars.  The leaves were a design I downloaded in Silhouette then ungrouped to pull the stem from the leaves so that the leaves were solid instead of outlines.  Then I cut off all but the last three sets of leaves because those are the only ones I needed.  I then cut off a piece of the stem that I pulled off  what I cut away and welded it what I saved so that the leaves would end in stem to end in the flower.  The flower is that design by Lori Whitlock that I love so much from the Silhouette Design Studio.  Didn't recognize it?  That's because I dropped out the bottom layer of petals and the top layer.  Then I took the middle petal, made a copy and welded them together exactly opposite one another.  That gave me the four petal flower to match the one in the paper.  Two Irock gems finished off the flower. 

No comments: