Monday, June 25, 2012

Cherry Blossom Obsession

I fear I'm becoming a little obsessed with the cherry blossom pattern in the Silhouette Design Studio.  I find myself pulling it up over and over again, even when it really doesn't fit the card.  Maybe it's because it reminds me of how absolutely beautiful the cherry trees are when the are in full bloom outside my office in the spring. But, fortunately, although I open it often, I've been pretty judicious about whether it fits the card.  When I saw the card on Michelle' blog I Stamped That, I knew I had to lift the card and make my own.  Better yet, I could use cherry blossoms.  I think her card turned out better, but I sure had fun making this one using scraps from my bin, random rhinestones from my drawer, and a sentiment printed from my computer.  To match Michelle's card, I ran the green through my Fiskars' crimper, used a Sizzix embossing folder for the background and fished out my Stampin' Up border punch to finish off the edges. 

No comments: