Sunday, June 24, 2012

Love of My Life

I wanted to make a card for my darling husband to remind him of how much I love him.  Usually I start from a sketch, but this time I had all the inspiration I needed without a sketch, but the final card wasn't exactly what I had mind when I started.  I was thinking about a bunch of heart shaped balloons, .  I started by cutting all shapes of hearts in a variety of paper from my scraps bin using my Silhouette, but when I had them done, it suddenly morphed into a whole different idea of hearts cascading across the page on top of an embossed background.  I'll probably go back to make the balloon bouquet later, but I'm oh so happy I just went wherever my creativity led me.  It seems like it's been a long time since I felt really creative to do something that wasn't from someone else's original idea, but lately, despite all the stress of everyday life, I'm finding peace just playing with paper again.  It feels so good to have that back. 

No comments: