Saturday, June 30, 2012

Finally back!

You may not know this if you aren't family, but we've been without internet for a week.  You see we decided to upgrade to higher speed while switching our bundle for TV, internet and phone to a new provider.  It should have been without a hitch, but, unfortunately, they sent us the wrong modem for the higher speed internet (twice!).  So we've been without internet for a while and it took me nearly all of yesterday afternoon and evening to catch up reading the blogs.  I can't believe how much inspiration I found.  So get ready for a steady stream of posts of my inspiration (if I don't get sidetracked outside picking raspberries and refinishing the deck).  First up, though are some projects I worked on without internet. 

Before I talk about the project, I just want to add how shocked I was about how reliant I am on having internet. I get most of my inspiration trolling the blogs and such.  When I didn't have them, I felt a bit at a loss.  Fortunately, I have some good books to reference, but seriously, I am an internet addict.  There, I said it.  I MISSED the blogs.  I missed being able to read the news online.  I missed my e-mail (by the way, how crazy is it that they kept telling me they would send me e-mails to update me on the status of my modem, when I don't have intenet to read the e-mails????). 

So I relied heavily on two books and some sketches I've printed off the internet and organized into a sketch book.  This card was inspired by a sample in Papercrafts Magazine publication A Card-a-Day.  The stamp is from Inkadinkado's Garden Flowers set and stamped with Red Riding Hood ink from Stampin' Up.  The leaves I made in the Silhouette Design Studio by taking a leaf shape from an image I purchased then copying, flipping it, altering a few of the points and then welding it all together with a rectangle for the stem.  The flower head is from another image where I pulled it out because it was the shape I wanted.    Then I inked the edges with Old Paper Distress Ink.   I pulled a few random buttons from my stash and used a little crochet thread to finish them off.  I used my Martha Stewart score pad to add the embossed box and the card was complete.  It was super fun to make since I love getting to pull stuff apart and remake it in that software.

So before I sign off for now, I also wanted to share this photo of my dear cat Zoey who will soon be 19.  She just loves my chair in the craft room and I always have to shoo her off to her own chair (yes, she has her own chair in my craft room).  But every time I do, she gives me this look like, this is MINE!

No comments: