Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

I spent quite a bit of time over the weekend looking at old blog posts of new blogs I've started following.  One of the new blogs I picked up was Rita's Creations.  She's a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I don't have a lot of that product, but her style is pretty universal and beautiful.  I like the challenge of trying to recreate the beautiful work she does in the supplies I have on hand, which is great because I have a huge stash and I really want to put it to use.

So for this card inspired by her post here, I used that NEVER-ENDING 6x6 pad from My Mind's Eye called Stella and Rose.  I feel like I have been using that pad forever and yet I still have a lot of it left.  For this card I used two coordinating papers with a cream background and a sentiment from the Fiskars Happy Birthday set stamped in Night of Navy Stampin' Up ink.  I fished a button out of my stash and added some embroidery thread to finish it off.

No comments: