Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bee-You-Ti-Ful

I love the honeycomb and bee theme I've been seeing around for a while now, but I've never used them myself until I found inspiration in SwanLady21's card on the Silhouette blog.  I purchased the honeycomb background and bee at 50% off with Silhouette's sale earlier this week (love those sales - I always have a wish list of things that I want to get some time and those sales are the perfect time to clear out that list).  I didn't have any bee stamps or sentiment stamps that fit, so I cut the "you" and hand stamps the rest with my Ginger alpha stamps from American Crafts.  I used some paper from the 6x6 Take a Hike pad from Simple Stories for the bee body and a page from the Beautiful Moments 6x6 pad from Carta Bella to back the honeycomb.  When I was done, I thought it still "needed something."  I pulled out my black Stickles to accentuate the "you" and added some Stardust Stickles to the dots and the bees wings.  I then still thought it wasn't quite enough so I added some dots of Glossy Accents to the honeycomb.  It's pretty subtle, but I like it. 

No comments: