Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hello Card Inspired by Jennifer McGuire

As I posted before, I was completely enthralled watching Jennifer McGuire use Distress Inks with embossing folders.  You can see her beautiful work and check out her video here.   I immediately knew I had to give it a try by making several panels.  For this card, I used a Darice Basketweave embossing folder with my Distress Inks (this time I think Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers).  Once my panel was finished, I wasn't sure what to do with it.  After all, it was the last of four panels I made using the same technique.  So it sat on my desk for while, but in the hurricane of craft products on my desk I got an idea (if you remember this picture from my social media feed):
In fact, you can see the card in progress on my craft mat.  It started with the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Journaling Card.  It's meant to cut a 4 by 6 panel for Project Life, but I've seen it used on cards on videos and blogs (although I can't remember where I specifically saw it), so I pulled it off the card and used it to cut the panel for my card.  I then used that piece of Soft Navy card stock from Simon Says Stamp that you can see on the right side of my picture to make a card base.  I used the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper to round the corners of the panel to match.  For the sentiment, I cut out the word hello several times with the Lawn Fawn Scripty Hello die (see the paper on the right) then stacked them.  I brushed the finished product with white Wink of Stella for a little glitter, then adhered it to my embossed panel.  I added that on top of my card base, then finished it off with some Doodlebug sequins (although I'm not sure I like the color on the finished the card and I may switch them out for clear ones) and some Glossy Accents on the hello. 

 
 Here's a close up of the sentiment:

No comments: