Monday, July 21, 2014

Thanks Card Using a Watercolor Technique

The other day when I posted the card that I made trying the reverse stamping technique I saw on Catherine Pooler's blog I mentioned that I wasn't really in love with how the panel turned out originally.  So I immediately tried something a little different.  I simply painted on Distress Inks using a watercolor brush and then used my heat tool to move them around while they dried.  I loved how it turned out.  I cut it down to fit on my card with a mat.  I used a piece of black card stock to mat it before taping it to my white card base.  I used my Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks die to cut several thanks from some extra black card stock, then glued the layers together.  I adhered that to my card front.  I used black Wink of Stella to add some shimmer to the sentiment and some clear sequins to finish off the card.

 
 Here's a close up of the layered and shimmery sentiment:

No comments: