Friday, April 18, 2014

Get Well Soon Inspired by the Lawn Fawn Blog

I had a headache (darn weather change) and yet I needed a card for a co-worker who just had surgery.  So, I scoped out the Lawn Fawn blog where I fell in love with this cute turtle card.  It was the perfect opportunity to break out my On the Mend set (with a few extra stamps from Critters in the 'Burbs, Sunny Skies and Bon Voyage) plus my new Grassy Border die.  After stamping out my selections with the Momento Tuxedo Black ink and coloring with my Copics (love them), I cut out my grass with some green paper and the sky from some blue paper in my stash.  I added some clouds with Hero Arts Unicorn white ink and the cloud from the Bon Voyage set.  I added some Hemptique baker's twine and a button from my stash, but it still seemed to need something.  So I cut out a black mat to bring it all together and adhered it to my card base.  Simple, easy and quick to let me crawl off to bed and see if I can sleep off this headache.

No comments: