Sunday, January 19, 2014

Good Fortune Card

I needed a quick card of encouragement for a co-worker and, quite frankly, I was a little too tired to work on one.  I started looking at some inspiration on Google Images thinking I might do something with Lawn Fawn's Summertime Charm set.   But the Good Fortune set popped into my mind and I found myself pulling out before I really had even given it any conscious thought.  I knew I had previously cut and colored some extra pieces and they were perfect for my need for a quick card tonight.  I only had to cut the "fortunes" for the cookie because I already had all the other pieces ready.  Then it was just a matter of layering the pieces on some plain white paper and finding the right colored paper to give the card some cheer. I was very drawn to this pattern from the Amy Tangerine 6x6 paper pad for Ready Set Go.  It was the perfect amount of color.  I added some to the inside and put my sentiment as if it's coming from the side of the card for a little visual interest.  This was a super simple card as I had so much pre-made, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. 

No comments: