Monday, October 14, 2013

Have a Roarin' Good Birthday Card

My nephew recently celebrated a birthday so I went on the hunt for a card for inspiration.  I found this adorable one from A Bit of This, A Bit of That I had pinned to my card layout board on Pinterest.  So I went hunting through my Lawn Fawn stamps for the ones for the card and got side tracked when I saw the Critters on the Savanna set and my original plan was abandoned in favor of a new idea.  I had a bit of fun with stamping, sponging and coloring with this one.  I used the lion, two little birds, tree, rock and grass from the Critters on the Savanna set and the hat and presents from Lawn Fawn's Year Two set.  I stamped all but the grass using Versafine ink then clear embossed it.  I stamped the grass with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and clear embossed that.  I then sponged on the Mowed Lawn and colored in the trees and sky with Spectrum Noir pens.  I cut the banner from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die set and stamped on the sentiment from the Critters on the Savanna set.  Then it was just a matter of gluing it all together and adding some pop dots.  I then backed my scene with a mat of white and adhered that to a yellow card base from the DCWV Brights Box of Cards.

For the inside, I added a mat of white upon which I had stamped the little bird from Critters on the Savanna and the little hat from Year Two in Versafine.  I added some grass in Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and colored in the bird and hat with Spectrum Noir markers.  Too cute for a little boy who is too cute.

No comments: