Sunday, October 13, 2013

Another 50th Anniversary Card

I guess I am very blessed to have many great role models for marriage as this weekend we attended another 50th wedding anniversary celebration.  I needed a card for the event.  I haven't really felt like being in my craft room this week so I thought I might just pull one from my stash like I have for every event the last week or so, but I sat in my craft room for a bit and found a card on Pinterest that I thought I might lift.  While I was sifting through my Lawn Fawn stamp sets, I saw the Cruisin' Through Life set in my stash and it inspired me to go a wholly different direction.  For this card, I used a mask to add two bouquets of flowers to the basket of the bicycle, all of which I stamped using Versafine Ink that I heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I added selectively stamped a bit of one of the sentiments from the Cruising Through Life set and then put together the word together using letters from Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABCs set.  I then colored the whole thing with Spectrum Noir markers and added a bit of sparkle with Wink of Stella.  I matted the colored piece with a piece of paper from the Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup 6x6 pad from Jillibean Soup.

For the inside of the card, I used a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments set, but cut apart so I could add the 50th from the Creative Imaginations Wedded Bliss set stamping the 50th in Tsunineko Galaxy Gold and the rest in Versafine ink.  I then just had to add this cute little strip of bicycles from the Blossom Soup 6x6 pad from Jillibean Soup to finish it off. 
Here's a shot of the sparkle from the Wink of Stella:
 
 Here's a shot of the inside:

No comments: