Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oh Deer - Inspired by Owl Be Craftin' with Tracy

My father-in-law has been in the hospital and the new the recovery center for a while so hubby and I went to visit him on Sunday.  I made him a get well card that we took with us.  It's funny how inspiration works.  I started by looking at this cute card on Tracy's blog Owl Be Crafting.  As I started working on my version, I thought I would do a Christmas card and somehow it completely morphed into this get well soon card.

I started with embossing some DCWV blue card stock using a Darice embossing folder called Cloudy Sky.  In then brushed on some white Color Box ink onto the clouds.  I then stamped the cute little tree from the Lawn Fawn set Critters in the Forest set onto some paper from the Snap Color Vibe 6x6 paper and cut it out with the matching dies.   I was about to make it snowy when the card took an abrupt turn when I saw the cute little deer from the Into the Woods set from Lawn Fawn.  I just had to use it.  I stamped it onto some brown card stock I added the deer on top of some greed card stock cut to look like a hill and stamped with the grass from the Lawn Fawn set Critters in the Burbs in Mowed Lawn Distress ink.

I then used the banner die from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card to cut the cute little banner that I stamped with the Oh Deer sentiment from the Into the Woods set.  For the inside, I added together two from the Stamps of Life Umbrella4you set for the perfect sentiment.

No comments: