Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Shine Brightly Card

A co-worker has been tempted away from the fold and I wanted to give her a card to wish her well in her new job.  I didn't have any idea what I wanted to do, but I pulled out my Lawn Fawn stamps since they are in fact my current favorite.  I saw the Lunar Lights set and realized I hadn't used it yet.  So I did a Google Image search and found an adorable card on the My Paper Journey blog that used both the Lunar Lights and the Good Fortune set (a two-fer).  I knew it immediately it was the perfect choice for this situation.  It was a pretty simple card to make even though it was a bit time consuming.  I stamped and colored the little lanterns, the bird from Home Sweet Home that I decided to for a little something more and then fortune cookies using a mask to stack the stamping.  I had a little bleeding even though I used paper specially designed for alcohol markers and Momento ink.  I'm thinking that maybe I didn't let the ink dry quite enough.  Then I hand cut them all out.  I had stamped a fourth cookie as a stand alone one, colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers and was able to run that one through the die to cut it out super fast and easy. I also die cut the fortune papers and stamped them with Versafine ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed it with white Zing embossing powder.   Then it was just a matter of putting it all together.  I cut this cute starry red paper from the Homemade 6 Bean Soup 6x6 paper pad from Jillibean Soup down to fit on a card base from the Neutrals set from DCWV.  I then stamped my string for the lanterns and stamped the outline of the lanterns and the bird on the string.  Then I glued my cut out colored ones on top.  I added a touch of glitter with my Wink of Stella pen.  I then adhered my sentiment and the cookies.

For the inside, I added a small strip of the printed paper from the front and then layered my cookie with the full fortune.  It was so fun to make.

No comments: