Thursday, April 25, 2013

So Wild ... About You

I had some time to play in my craft room this week as I listened to hockey playoffs.  I usually hate fussy cutting things because, well, I'm impatient. Since I had lots of time on my hands in my room this week, I did spend some time fussy cutting for this card inspired by one I saw on the Lawn Fawn blog a few weeks ago.  I love their Critters on the Savannah set, but it's one I don't own (yet) so I had to settle for using the Quinn's ABCs set for the inside sentiment on my card.  Thankfully I have a Recollections set I bought on clearance at Michael's a while back that I thought would make a decent substitute for the animals.  I used some cute Love Me paper from My Mind's Eye for the background.  I pulled some polka dot paper from my scraps bin that I'm pretty sure is DCWV from an old (really old, but still very useful) Spring Stack.  I finally had a really good reason to use my animal print embossing folder from Sizzix that I bought several years ago on a trip to St. Louis where I went way out of my way to visit an Archiver's. Despite my loathing of fussy cutting, I'm really surprised t how quickly it all came together.

No comments: