Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rain or Shine card

As you probably know, I follow quite a few blogs and I particularly love some of the challenge blogs, such as the Paper Players.  I fell in love with Jaydee's card from challenge #141.  It was so sweet and, best yet, used an umbrella so I could use my new Umbrella4You set from the Stamps of Life and the matching die.  I used a heart from a different stamp set from them called Sympathy4You to emboss my "rain."  I used some StazOn ink for the umbrella and was really pleased with how well it stamped.  I used a Color Box pad for the sentiment.  I was a little concerned about how well it would stamp because it's quite old, but I was really impressed at how well it stamped even after all these years.   I wish now I had added a little blue to the ink or to the embossing powder heart "rain" to make it stand out more, but that's the beauty of making cards, every time is an opportunity to learn.

No comments: