Friday, April 26, 2013

Sympathy Card

Continuing my quest to build my card stash, I just couldn't resist making my own version of this amazing card by Ann Schach from the Paper's Player's blog for challenge number 142.  I just loved it and I love that I get to break out my new Swallowtail stamp from Stampin' Up again.  It took me three, yes three, tries to get this one.  On the first two attempts, I got ink everywhere, but on the third attempt I finally managed to stamp one without getting ink blotches on the card while removing my mask (that's a skill I just haven't mastered yet).   Too bad I didn't fully ink my stamp so the image didn't come out as clean as the first two, but it was good enough that I could live with it.  Unfortunately, I was a little heavy handed on the sentiment from the Fiskars' All Year Greetings set, but I decided I could live with it too.  I just colored it a bit with my colored pencils and called it good. 

No comments: