Monday, April 29, 2013

Project Life Week 17

I had a lot of fun with the Basic Grey Fact or Fiction line for this week's Project Life layout.  It was a bit of a strange week for my layout.  I had long stories for little bits of the week and then not much to say about a lot of the pictures.   I mean what can you say about pictures of the furballs munching on catnip?  They are cute, but pretty much don't need any explanation. 

But at the same time, I was really inspired by other things, like this article I found on Facebook about Luka, a 12-year with muscular dystrophy who can't hardly even move a finger, but dreams of doing things that all the rest of us take for granted.  It was a moving story of an amateur photographer who photographed the young boy laying on sheets with props that made it look like he was engaging in all sorts of activities that he dreams of doing.  I cried looking at the beautiful series of shots called "the Little Prince" and knew immediately I wanted to feature these in my week so I would never forget how inspiring I found them. 

Then, of course, I had to showcase my beloved Winterhawks beating Kamloops to win their third-straight Western Conference Championships. It was a fabulous game and I had an amazing time with with my hubby and sister.  The crowd was whipped up in response to Kamloops' #12 Souto who made a silly comment about our team that the 'Hawks posted on their facebook page:
So it was crazy loud even with my earplugs and Bose headphones over those.  It was also a sea of white because the 'Hawks also posted on Facebook to have the fan wear white.  Now I never wear white because it makes me look pale, but I did for the guys.  It was so much fun.  Near the end, there was a fight right in front of the bench and it took a while for the refs to sort it out.  In the meantime, they showed pictures of the signs around the arena on the big screen.  There were a lot of great ones, including one I've seen before that says "You can't handle the Carruth," a play on the great line from Jack Nicholson's character in "A Few Good Men" using our goalie's name. Now, I have a love/hate relationship with Carruth.  I love that he's a really good goalie and I've seen him make some impossible saves, including one where he was diving across the ice and reached back to snatch the puck out of the air - it was truly amazing.  However, he has an ego the size of the ice.  Sometimes it's hard to believe he can fit through the door with that ego.  He has to be the first player on the ice and the last player off the ice.  He gets really cocky.  It can be hard to watch sometimes.  But, after they showed that sign on the screen, they cut to Carruth standing in front of his goal.  He seemed to figure out that they had the camera on him and he winked and broke out in a huge smile.  It was really classic Carruth ego, but at the same time, it was very endearing and the whole crowd cheered.

It really was a game to remember and now, it's captured in my project life.


No comments: