Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sometimes it all comes together...

I decided to put aside my scrapbooking tonight to make a few cards.  I realized my stash was getting a little depleted.  So I turned to my Pinterest board for cardmaking for some inspiration.  First, I have to say that I was completely shocked when I realized how many people are following my little cardmaking layout inspiration board.  I guess there are a lot of cardmakers out there that get inspiration from the same things that inspire me.

The card I picked tonight comes from a blog called Glenda's Paper, Scissors, & Rocks (cute name, huh?).  I loved the simple elegance of the card.  I pulled the Beautiful Moments 6x6 pad from Carta Bella that I picked up at Craft Warehouse on sale a bit back.  It has some absolutely lovely patterns in it and I knew immediately they would be perfect for casing Glenda's card. 

And that brings me to the title of the post today.  It all just came together.  Sometimes it can take me a long time to make a single card because I can't decide on the paper or the sentiment or whatever, but today was one of those beautiful times when everything just all came together like it was meant to be.  I think I spent all of ten minutes making this card and more than half of those were finding the right ink (Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, but if I did it again, I think it would switch to Close to Cocoa), baker's twine (Hemptique) and color of Liquid Pearls (Bisque) to finish it off.  Cutting the card, folding it, rounding the edges and two quick cuts of the Cameo to make some butterflies and I was done.  Honestly this post took longer to write than the card did to make.

The only thing I really regret is that I put my Inkadinkado stamp on my block a little carelessly so it came out a little crooked on the card.  But, oh well, that's what makes it unique. 

No comments: