Friday, March 15, 2013

And sometimes it doesn't look like the inspiration at all...

Still on my quest to re-fill my stash, or at least keep it from being depleted any further, I found another pin on Pinterest for a "thinking of you" type card.  It was from one of my favorite card blogs I'm in Haven.  I love her clean cards and this one was no exception.  I started off casing using some pages from that Stella and Rose 6x6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye that I love so much.  I cannot believe how many things I have made from that pad already and I still have lots of paper left. 

When I was looking for something to do the branch and birdies, I found I didn't have something spot on, but I had something pretty close in a branch design and a cute bird from Echo Park.  Then it all went a bit of different direction with the decision to mat the card with a bit of a twist by using my ticket edge Stampin' Up punch that's been in my stash for a long time.  I finished it off with the perfect sentiment from the Fiskars' All Year Greetings set using the Night of Navy ink from Stampin' Up that my friend Nancy gave me.

Altogether it was another very easy card to put together in that all the pieces just seemed to fall in place.  But this one turned out very different than the piece that inspired it. 

No comments: