Monday, February 11, 2013

Get Well Soon

For the last more than a month, my father-in-law and mother-in-law have been at the Mayo Clinic.  My father-in-law has a bad ticker and needed to have a valve replaced, but doesn't have such a great track record with surgery.  So they went to the experts and the procedure went off without a hitch.  The recovery has been a completely different story.  It's had a lot of ups and downs.  After the first hiccup in his recovery, I thought I would send him a get well soon card and a thinking of you card to my mother-in-law. That same night I also had a thank you card I wanted to send out and a birthday card for girlfriend for the next day.  Well, I always have thank you and birthday cards on hand, and I had a thinking of you card ready too.  Strangely enough, I didn't have a single get well soon card on hand (weird, I know).   Since I didn't have much time to get it ready, I had to find inspiration quickly.  I headed over to Splitcoast Stampers where I can always find a lot of wonderful inspiration for specific types of cards.  With a search for "get well soon," I quickly found this card from Sandy Mathis of Stamp with Sandy.   It was perfect for my needs. I used brown, green and cream cardstock pulled from my scraps bin. The brown cardstock was edged using my scallop border punch from Stampin' Up. The green leafy patterned paper is from the Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad from Pebbles.  The leaf branch was cut with the Cameo from a design purchased in the Silhouette store.  The sentiment is from my oft used All Year Greetings set from Fiskars.  I just love how versatile that set is.

Before I go, I just want to share with you a picture of the fabulous wood carving done by my father-in-law's cousin, Lowell Anderson.  It's truly an amazing work of art.

No comments: