Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yet Another Congratulations Card

So with my boss getting a promotion, I got a new boss.  Actually, he's been filling the position for several months now.  I still feel like slowly I'm getting to know him because we actually don't work together all that much.  I spent more time with my former boss because we had sort of become friends.  My group is pretty self-sufficient so it's only when something unusual comes up or during the occasional meeting that I get to spend time with him.  But so far I have realized that I have a lot that I can learn from him.  So when they announced that he was going to have the position permanently, I wanted to let him know that I'm looking forward to working together.  So I went back to my favorite place for inspiration, Pinterest, and found it in one of my favorite stampers Karen Thomas at Luv to Stamp.  So I made my own quick take on it using a sunflower cut from my scraps bin using a design downloaded from the Silhouette Design Studio.  I also designed and cut the ivory shape using a welding of a design from the SDS and a box drawn to the proportions I needed.  I then stamped the sentiment from Fiskars' All Year Greetings set and the ticket stamp from Inkadinkado's Paperwork Greetings set. 

No comments: