Monday, October 22, 2012

Another Congratulations Card

We've had some change-ups at work lately.  My boss received a well-deserved promotion.  I'm going to miss working for her.  She was a wonderful mentor.  So I thought I would share my well-wishes in a card.  But, of course, I was short on time, so I turned to my favorite place for inspiration, Pinterest.  I found this amazing card from Karin at Peppermint Patty's Papercraft.  I didn't have quite all the items on hand, so I improvised as usual. I had the script Sixxiz embossing card for the background. The butterflies were cut from a design purchased from the Silhouette Design Studio, the paper was primarily from my scraps, except for the dictionary page.  That I actually printed from a Google Image.  With a bit of twine from Hemptique and some brads from my stash, I finished it off with some Distress Ink to give it some depth.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I saw this and I look and I don't see a comment from me. I'm "losing" it....so sorry. For a quick card for your boss it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Love every inch of it...just splendid. You must be one of those people who rally at the end and work well under pressure....haha