Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back in my room, but not quite back to normal

Today I had a whole day in my craft room, but I couldn't quite find my inspiration to craft.  Instead, I did the laundry from last week, made a loaf of artisan cheese bread that I'll bake later today and put together meatloaf for the hubby with cheesy biscuits.  I watched a little Sabrina (the one with Harrison Ford - my, my he's an attractive man) and caught up on Design All Stars and Craft Wars.  After a little time on Pinterest, I decided it was time to actually start playing with paper.  I managed to make one card today.  I loved this one I found and followed it through SplitCoastStampers all the way to her blog Paper Pursuits.  So I made my own version, building the sentiment in the Silhouette Design Studio using some beautiful ledger paper from the store.  I just love how I can fill any shape with anything I want.  I was able to fill the shape with the paper, layer a flourish over it, and add the text.  Such fun...  I loved how it combined with the patterned paper from the Stella and Rose collection from My Mind's Eye.  I added the cherry blossom cut from a design from the SDS and then finished it off with some baker's twine I picked up from Hemptique at Paper Source in Boston last week and some liquid pearls. 

No comments: