Saturday, August 25, 2012

Loveable

I was supposed to be getting ready for a barbecue at a friend's house today, but I got a little sidetracked in my craft room.  I have pictures from Thursday's trip to Multnomah Falls that I intended to scrapbook today, but when I looked at Sketch Inspiration's sketch, I completed changed my focus.  I have this favorite picture of Matt holding Gandalf as a kitten.  I love it so much that it's on my mouse pad at work.  Somewhere along the line, I printed a copy and it's been in my place card holder that I use to hold my cards when I take photos of them.  I just pop the picture out, put in the card, snap my photo and put the card back.  But, the photo is getting a little used so it's time to put it on paper and this sketch was the perfect one.  I just used scraps from my scrap bin for the paper (I think most of it except the orange polka dots is DCWV), some letters I found in an alphabet bin (I think they may have originally been from a kit, but I'm not sure) and the marigold, which is my newest download from the Silhouette Design Studio.  I used a little white ink to edge the background and tone down the blue on the flower and called it good.  So, now I'm late for the barbecue, but even that worked out because now Matt's going to be able to join me.  Yeah!

No comments: