Monday, August 22, 2011

Mojo Monday #205

We got some sad news today that one of Matt's cooks isn't doing well. He's been battling cancer for a while and had another surgery earlier this month. He had been home recovering but it turns out he took a turn for the worse at the end of the week. He's back in the hospital in an induced coma for a couple of days. So dear hubby asked me to make a card that people at the office could sign to let him and his family know we are thinking of him. But, I have a ton of things I need to do to get ready for our second try at a girls' camping trip this weekend. I saw this great heart card on Creations With Christina and designed a version on my Sure Cuts A Lot, but then it seemed way to girly. So I took my inspiration from Mojo Monday's sketch thinking I could whip out a card in no time flat and get on with my packing. Wrong! I couldn't find the right items, but finally settled on paper from Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Boy from My Mind's Eye and resorted to dying my own crochet thread with a combination of Perfect Pearls in Green Patina and some Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi ink to get just the right color. Then I had to play with my EK Success punches until I had the right combination. Anyhow, I ended up spending the whole evening playing in my craft room. I am so going to have to double time packing and shopping tomorrow to make it all work. But it will all be worth it when I'm sipping my wine, watching my TV and crafting to my heart's content.

No comments: