Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another Halloween card

So after a few more hours canning today (and one minor cut on my thumb from the mandolin making typing this a little difficult - work tomorrow should be interesting...), we finished the beets and made a huge batch of corn salsa (yummy!). Then I got to sneak away to my craft room to catch up on some blogs and make another Halloween card. I used Mojo Monday, sketch 204, to inspire this super simple card from DCWV Ghost and Goblins mat stack.

The background paper is just plain cardstock stamped with the "cracked background" stamp from Rubber Stampede that I've had for a really long time. I used a little clear embossing powder. It really added something special to a card that otherwise looked like it was needing something. The little stars are the leftovers from an EK Success border punch. Funny how the "trash" can become something useful.

1 comment:

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That's so cute! I'm going to buy an embossing tool for my
Mom because she keeps messing with my hair dryer and she's going to burn something if she's not careful! Good ideas on your card design!