Friday, October 3, 2014

You (my dear sweet husband) Are the Best!

I saved this card for today because the sentiment is perfect.  Today is my 10th wedding anniversary to the most fabulous man on the planet (not counting my dad).

I can't believe it's been ten years since I said I do to Matt on the ice in between periods of the hockey game.  Tonight, we'll celebrate back (sort of) at the scene of the crime.  In the same jerseys we wore in all our wedding pictures.  Those jerseys have gotten a lot of wear and still mean the world to me.

It's hard to believe it's been ten years already.  It seems like just yesterday, but it also feels like we've been married for so much longer than 10 years.  He tells me the same thing.  I guess it was really meant to be.  I'm not saying it's been easy.  We've been through a lot of really difficult times in the past ten years, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it.  I really feel blessed to be his wife

So this card was perfect for today because he really is the best.  It also came together so easily with those Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Tim Holtz Blueprints stamps.  I used the large Postage Stamp die from Simon Says Stamp to cut out the image.  I found several sheets of paper in the Echo Park Paper 6x6 Note to Self pad that I liked.  I cut the blue polka dot to 4 by 5.25 to leave a frame of white.  I added a strip of the striped paper and smaller strip of the blue ledger for a little interest.  I then adhered my die cut piece to finish it off.

So that's it for today.  I'm off to celebrate ten years with the best.
 

No comments: