Saturday, October 4, 2014

Happy Fall Take Two

After our class at Runaway Art and Crafts, Pat bought the cute scarecrow stamp.  The next day we stamped in out on various papers with different inks so we could play with it later.  I was supposed to be practicing my copic coloring because I'm taking the Copics for Card Makers class at onlinecardclasses.com, but I just couldn't wait and, by the end of the weekend, I had to pull out my Distress Ink Markers and start watercoloring.  Those markers are my favorite for watercoloring. 

I put on my class videos in the background and just started painting.  It didn't take terribly long but it is definitely the most detailed image I've ever watercolored.  I was a little intimidated when I began, but it just came together so easily.  When it was done, I pulled out a box of my paper pads and was immediately drawn to the Awesome 6x6 paper pad from Simple Stories.  It was just the right colors and feel for a fall card.  I cut my image down, but it needed some kind of frame.  I first looked at some striped paper from the same pad, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for.  I finally decided just to add a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges of my watercolored image.  That was the perfect edging I was looking for to tie the watercolor to the pretty polka dot paper I selected.

But something wasn't quite right.  I looked at it for a long time before I realized the pumpkins just looked a little too bright.  So I toned them down with a wash of Vintage Photo and Tea Dye.  It was just the right touch to tie the colors in the watercolor to the paper.  Once I had the image adhered, it just seemed right so I called that good and sent the finished product off to Pat to thank her for coming to class with me and letting me use her stamps. 

No comments: