Sunday, October 19, 2014

Simon Says Stamp October 2014 Card Kit: Inspired By Me!

After making some card inspired by the sample pictures, the creative mojo just started coming through on it own and I began making cards without any outside inspiration.  For this card, I started by stamping the mug and adding the coffee and the sentiment.  I then fussy cut (yes, again) the mug out.  I wasn't sure what to do with the background but I loved this brown paper with swirls on it even though it seemed a bit bright and psychedelic.  Because I loved the pattern, I wanted to show it off, but maybe tame it down a bit.  I cut the page down just slightly to fit the card base with a bit of a frame.  Then I centered the Simon Says Stamp Frames die on the paper and cut a second frame in white.  Then it was just a matter of inlaying the center panel, the white frame and the outer panel on my card base.  I added my mug and a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins from my stash to finish it off.

No comments: