Saturday, October 18, 2014

Simon Says Stamp October 2014 Card Kit: Inspired by Lorraine Aquilina

For my final card inspired by the sample cards with the October 2014 Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp, I put my own spin on a card made by Lorraine Aquilina.  You can find her card on her blog here. I loved her card so much, I only made a couple of changes. I die cut the tea cup out of the same paper, but I switched out the center heart for a blue one so it would stand out a bit more. I cut down a strip of the striped paper and two strips of the orange paper.  I cut a white piece about three quarters of the size of the card base.  Then it was just a matter of taping down the strips on the card base, stamping my steam in the Khaki ink that came with the kit and then layering on the cup I had die cut.  Unlike the sample, I added a dark piece in my cup to look like the coffee I would usually have in my cup.  I also switched up the sentiment because, well, I need thank you cards.  It seems like I'm always low on those and I added a few sequins instead of the speech bubble. Super cute.

No comments: