Friday, October 17, 2014

Simon Says Stamp October 2014 Card Kit: Inspired by Sarah Moerman

Today card using the October 2014 Simon Says Stamp card kit is inspired by Sarah Moerman.  You can find her card on her post here.  I loved how she used the die selectively to get the fox, but I wanted matching cups, so I turned the die over, held it up to the light with the paper and moved the paper around until I was fairly sure I had the second fox lined up in the die.  It was extremely tricky and was surprised that it actually worked right the first time (good thing too because I didn't have room for a second shot).  I cut a white piece of cardstock (I know it looks pinkish in the picture, but that's just my bad lighting - better lighting is on my wish list) down for a top folding card, added a strip of the striped paper, a strip of the brown paper and then stamped my steam on with the Khaki ink from the kit.  I added my coffee cups, the sentiment and the sequins from the kit to finish it off. I love how this one turned out and I love that absolutely everything (except the card base) came from the kit.

No comments: