Thursday, October 16, 2014

Simon Says Stamp October 2014 Card Kit: Inspired by Shari Carroll

Next up, I was inspired to try my hand at Shari Carroll's card made from the card kit.  You can see her fabulous card on her blog here.  I changed up a few things.  For instance, I used the wood coffee cup rather than die cutting one.  I moved the sentiment to the inside of the card.  I used the wrong blue for the hearts (one downside to crafting while camping - limited supplies).  But for the most part, I followed the card.  I cut the orange paper down to just smaller than the width of my card base.  I cut the yellow paper down to just under half of the size of the orange paper. I cut the strip the striped paper and cut a banner end.  Then I layered all the pieces together.  I stamped out the heart twice in Soft Blue Simon Says Stamp ink (the only blue color I had with me) and then fussy cut (yes again with the fussy cutting) the circles (okay I admit I was cursing that I didn't have a punch or die or something to do that).  I stamped the steam in the Khaki ink provided in the kit and fussy cut that too.  Then it was just adding the hearts with pop dots, adding the steam with tape and gluing down the cut and sequins.
For the inside of the card, I simply die cut some white paper with the stitched frame from My Favorite Things Blueprints #13 and stamped on the sentiment with the Khaki ink.

No comments: