Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Simon Says Stamp October 2014 Card Kit: Inspired by Stephanie Klauck

On our camping trip, I started playing with the October Simon Says Stamp Card Kit.  I finally signed up for a subscription after seeing so many cute kits.  I loved the stamp in this kit.  The paper seemed a bit too, well, loud for me, but that wasn't going to stop me from playing.  I started out my making my own take on the card inspiration sheet sent with the kit.  First up:  Stephanie Klauck's super cute card. You can find her original card on her blog here.

I stamped the mug from the stamp set with the kit onto some Neenah card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink so I could use my copics. The cup turned out to be a lot grayer than I planned. I guess I still need a lot more practice with my copics.  Once it was colored, I took the cute veneer glasses and added them on top of the cup, drew in the eyes and then filled them with Glossy Accents for that shine that glasses have.  I cut a couple of strips from the striped paper in the kit, but I didn't have any grey.  So I took the Smoke ink pad from Simon Says Stamps and swiped it onto some white card stock to cut down for a grey strip.  I stamped out the sentiment bubble in Smoke ink and then added the sentiment using Slate ink from Simon Says Stamp.  I then fussy cut the speech bubble (yes, I did fussy cut). Then it was just a matter of layering the panels onto a top folding card base, adding my speech bubble with pop dots, and rounding the corners with my Corner Chomper.  I finished it off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins I had brought with from my own stash and that is my card.

No comments: