Monday, October 20, 2014

More Inspiration from the Simon Says Stamp October 2014 Card Kit

Today's card started with an accident.  I stamped out the mug and added the orange stamped stripe at the bottom and the sentiment, but somewhere along the way while coloring the coffee, I ended up with a dot of brown on the mug.  Boo!  Not ready to just throw it all away, I started adding dots all over the top of the cup.  When I was done, I decided it was good enough to keep, but I needed something that could handle the orange.  I decided to use the orange left over from a previous card along with this funky patterned paper with hints of orange.  I cut the funky paper down just a bit smaller than my card base, cut the orange to about a third of the size of the card and layered them up.  I stamped the steam in Khaki and (gasp) fussy cut it.  Then I added my cup to the card, the fussy cut steam and some sequins from the kit to finish it off.



1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love coffee cards....guess they are so comforting! Love your variety....now you have inspired me to pull out those mug and coffee images. I also ordered the Lawn Fawn Love you a Latte and waiting for it....haha Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving comments. I've been busy, a little under the weather, had company for several days and just now getting back to card making and visiting blogs.