Monday, September 22, 2014

Wish You Were Here

What a weekend!  I took Friday off and, for the first time in probably close to two years, I didn't actually work because I hired someone who took over some of the day to day things that required that I work.  I thought I would have a lot of time to play in my craft room with a long weekend, but we filled it up with other things.   That said, I can't tell you how much more relaxed I feel.  So nice!  The hubby and I spent the whole day on Friday playing.  We checked out the new Cabellas just a bit north of us, ate the most amazing ice cream at Salt & Straw and watched the home opener of my favorite WHL team.  It was so nice to have a whole day just doing things together. 

On Saturday I cleaned the house while he worked and then we went back for game number two courtesy of some tickets in the suite that hubby's boss gave us.  Yesterday I ran a few errands and finished up the Mojo Monday card in enough time to get it posted to the challenge but not up on the blog because my parents came over for Sunday night dinner.  I love that.

I had eagerly purchased the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember exclusive Tim Holtz blueprints stamps.  These are the first Tim Holtz blueprint stamps I've bought.  I've looked at them several times and put them on wishlists, but I've never actually picked any up until now.  But these ones were too good to miss (if you are thinking about them yourself, hurry over to Simon Says Stamp - they are a limited release for Stamptember only so there's only few days left, that is, if they aren't sold out already). 

I stamped the image in Archival Ink in Jet Black, then watercolored it with my Distress Ink Markers.  I was just playing with the stamps, but then I saw the Mojo Monday #363 sketch and I knew it was perfect for that.  The paper comes from the Lost and Found 2 6x6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye.  That paper pad is perfect for a masculine card.  I finished it off with some ribbon and a button threaded with crochet thread, all from my stash. 
 
I've entered this card over at Mojo Monday in challenge number 363.  That challenge is now closed, but there's a new one every Monday so check it out if you are looking for some inspiration and fun.

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

wow...enjoyed your weekend wrap up. I'm glad you finally took a Friday. I also know about last minute challenge deadlines...haha Love this set. I just wish Simon Says shipping wasn't so much. I need to win a challenge...haha so I can get some freebie stuff from there