Sunday, September 28, 2014

Time to Celebrate with Mojo Monday

So, as I mentioned before, I stamped out all of the Tim Holtz Simon Says Stamp Stamptember exclusive blueprints stamps and watercolored them all with Distress Ink.  So then I just had to finish putting the cards together.  Easy peasy, right?  Well, no.  I needed some inspiration for the layout.  Thankfully, there are couple of fabulous weekly sketch blogs.  Today, Mojo Monday, sketch #364 came to my rescue.  Go check it out here

This card came together quickly after I saw the sketch.  I used the polka dot paper from the Echo Park 6x6 paper pad Note to Self cut to the same size as the card base.  I found a coordinating pattern that I liked.  I used the postage stamp dies from Simon Says Stamp to cut out both my stamped image and a square from the paper.  For my stamped image, though, I didn't have the right size frame in the die pack.  No problem.  I made my first cut lining up where I wanted the bottom to be with the bottom of the stamp.  I then moved my piece to line up were I wanted the top to be and cut again, getting a smaller rectangle by making two cuts than the die would normally produce.

I fished a button out of my stash and finished it off with some crochet thread.  It seems a little busy to me.  I'm not really sure I like it, but it's good enough as a reminder that today is a big day to celebrate.  My parents are celebrating their 51st wedding anniversary today.  Love you Mom and Dad!

No comments: